The first death anniversary day of Sri Rajiv Gandhi was observed as Anti –Terrorism Day. * 20th August is celebrated as Sadbhavna Divas. * July 11th is observed as world population day. * January 15th is celebrated as army day. * The centenary of mahatma Gandhi’s arrival in South Africa was celebrated in may 1993. * National Maritime day falls on April 5th. * Journalist day was first celebrated all over the world on October 28th, 1984. * Teacher’s day is observed on 5th September. * The world environment day is celebrated on June 5. 31st May is observed as world no smoking day. * Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru is observed as children’s day. * The United Nation declared 1993 as a year of the indigenous people. * The year 1991 was observed in India as the year of tourism. * October 16th is observed as world food day. * Hiroshima day is observed as world Red Cross day. * The decade 1981-90 was observed as international decade for Drinking water supply and sanitation. * 1998 is observed as poverty eradication year by SAARC. * India celebrates February 28th every year as “national science day” because on this day in 1928 C.
V. Raman discovered what was latter called as”Raman effect”. * The year 1985 was declared as international year of youth. * Id-e-Milad is celebrated on prophet Mohamed birthday. * “Rosh Hashanah” is the new year’s day of Jews. * 1981 was the international year of the disabled. * World human rights day is observed on December 10th. * World literacy day is observed on September 8th. GENERAL QUESTIONS * The longest river in the world is Nile. * The longest highway in the world is Trans Canada length of 8000 km. * The highest mountain in the world is Mount Everest. Myanmar produces around 1/3rd of teak in the world. * The biggest desert in the world is Sahara. * The largest coffee growing country in the world is Brazil. * Zambia is known as the country of copper. * Border name that separates Pakistan and Afghanistan is Durand line. * The coldest place on the earth is verkoyansk in Siberia.
* The country having 2nd largest land area is Canada. * The biggest delta in the world is Ganges delta. * The Japanese call their country as Nippon. * The length of English Channel is 564 kms. * The world’s oldest city is Damascus. Venice is known as the city of canals. * The biggest island of the world is Greenland. * The city which is the biggest centre for manufacture of automobiles in the world is Detroit USA. * Largest producer of manganese in the world is china and South Africa. * Malaysia is the largest producer of rubber in the world. * China is the largest producer of tin in the world. * Amazon River carries maximum amount of water in the sea. * Japan is known as the land of rising sun. * Mount Everest was named after Sir George Everest. * Cuba is known as the sugar bowl of the world. The length of Suez Canal is 162. 5kms. * The lowest point on earth is the coastal area of Dead Sea. * Pacific Ocean is the largest ocean in the world. * The world’s largest diamond producing country is South Africa.
* Australia was discovered by James cook. * The first governor general of Pakistan is Mohammad ali Jinnah. * The earlier name of New York City is New Amsterdam. * The Eiffel tower was built by Alexander Eiffel. * The Red Cross was founded by jean henri Durant. * Highest population density is of country Monaco. * National flower of Britain is rose. * National flower of Italy is lily. The permanent secretariat of the SAARC is located in Kathmandu. * The first industrial revolution took place in England. * The first republican president of America was Abraham Lincoln. * Brazil is famous for samba dance. * Earlier name of Sri Lanka was Ceylon. * The UNO was formed in the year 1945. * Independence Day of South Korea is on 15th august. * Canada is the primary producer of newsprint in the world. * The country is known as land of midnight sun is Norway. * The place known as the roof of the world is Tibet. * The principal export of Jamaica is sugar. New York is popularly known as the city of city of skyscrapers. * The country known as the land of white elephant is Thailand. * The country known as the land of morning calm is Korea. * The country known as the land of thunderbolts is Bhutan.
* Highest waterfall in the world is salto angel falls, venezuala. * Author of harry potter books is J. K. Rowling. * Nickname of New York City is big apple. * In hockey players take long and short corners. * Youngest president of USA is Theodore Roosevelt. * BUTTERFLY HAS 6 LEGS AND 2 PAIR OF WINGS. * Italy won the 2006 football world cup. Germany hosted the world cup. * Eric Schmidt is the ceo of Google. * China won the Thomas world cup title for badminton in 2010. * First women governor of India is sarojini naidu. * Which two countries have signed the nuclear swap deal with Iran – Brazil and turkey? * Who won the Madrid masters men’s tournament in 2010 is Rafeel nadal. * Ceo of yahoo is carol bartz. * Winner of recently held formula 1 Italian grand prix is Fernando Alonso * Which of the following software giant’s has designed “worldwide telescope” a computer programme, which enables you to study even the niverse and zoom the outer space? Microsoft * “Your place in the sky” is the slogan of air India. * Pascal lamy is the head of WTO. * Author of recently published book “aftertaste” is nandita devidayal. * Christopher nolan is the director of film inception.
* Brazil is named after a tree. * First women chief minister of India is sucheta kriplani. * First women governor of india is sarojni naidu * Bric countries-brazil, Russia, India and china. * Topper of iit 2010 is anumula jitendar reddy frm madras zone. Name the Cyclone that hit Bay of Bengal in May 2010 affecting coastal areas of Tamilnadu, AP and Orissa. * Answer: Cyclone Laila * ICICI Bank has announced merger of another Indian Bank with itself in an all swap deal- name the bank and its promoters. * Answer: Bank of Rajasthan / Promoters – Tayal family * Name the BBC Radio DJ who has been suspended for floating the rumor that Queen is dead. * Answer: Danny Kelly who has played the national anthem and declared that Queen Elizabeth has just now died * Brazil and turkey has signed the nuclear swap deal with Iran. Pakistan has blocked Pakistan -thefacebook for holding an online competition of drawing Mohammed prophet.
* Bihar spends most of it gdp in education 5. 7% followed by UP 3. 6% * Rima fakih is the miss usa 2010. * England won the world 20-20 final beat Australia. * Mahindra satyam is the promoter of fifa world cup 2010. * Gita gopinath is the first women to be named as full professor at Harvard. * 100% concession was given to cancer patients while travelling in Indian railways. * In 16 routes special tourist train called “bharat tirt” is to start. Ladies special train to be renamed with Sonia Gandhi special. * 1900 cr has been allocated to UID project. * Reduction in service charges on e-tickets sleeper-10,AC-20 * Delhi will host the 12th edition of South Asian Games in 2012. * Pakistan supreme court disallowed flying of kite during basant season. * Brand central terminal Park Avenue new York is the world’s largest railway station. * Entomology is the science that studies insects. * Entirea became the 182nd member of the UN in1993 is in the continent of Africa. * FFC stands for film Finance Corporation. *