1. What brand is Winstons apartment, cigarttes, and gin
2. What is the slogan or caption at the bottom of the posters displayed prominently in Winstons building and workplace
???BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU.???
3. What is the setting of the story (city, country, year)
4. Where does Winston work
Winston Smith worked for the Ministry of Truth.
5. What are the three party mantras? (Hint:? “War is…”)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
6. What device spies on citizens and can never be turned off
an instrument called a telescreen
7. Are there laws in this society
There are no laws
8. What object makes Winston feel guilty
Book that he bought
9. What does Winston write about first
April 4th, 1984: He describes the films he watched the night before.
10. How long is the “Hate”
Winston remembers the moment before that day??™s Two Minutes Hate.
11. During the Hate, what do the people chant
People broke into a deep, slow, rhythmical chant of ??? B-B!…B-B!…B-B!???
12. Whom does Winston fantasize about killing during the Hate
He fantasizes that Katharine will die so he can remarry, and even about changing their identities to become and live like proles.
13. Who is the #1 Enemy of the People and what animal is he compared to
Goldstein and animal that he is compared to is Swine!
14. What branch of the police does Winston fear the most? Which ministry
The thought police, ministry of truth
15. What is Newspeak? What is INGSOC? What is doublethink
Newspeak is a dictionary. Ingsoc stands for English Socialism. Ingsoc is the name of the political system of Oceania. Ingsoc is a Newspeak word containing, as usual, a doublethink meaning. A mental discipline that is an exact contradiction to the basic principles of scientific inquiry called doublethink.
16. Why does Mrs. Parsons need Winstons help
? needing help with the plumbing while her husband is away.
17. Whom is Mrs. Parsons most afraid of
Mrs. Parsons herself seems afraid of her zealous children.
18. Why are Mrs. Parsons children upset
The children are very upset because their mother won??™t let them go to a public hanging of some of the Party??™s political enemies in the park that evening.?
19. Who is OBrien, and why is he important to Winston
He seems to be an intelligent man, and Winston believes in his heart that OBrien feels the same way he does about the Party.?
20. What country is Oceania at war with currently
Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia.
21. After the report of another glorious victory, what bad news follows
There's a specialist from your university waiting to help you with that essay topic for only $13.90/page Tell us what you need to have done now!
22. Subconciously, what does Winston write over and over and over
???DOWN WITH BIG Brother???